Registered Nutritional Therapist BSc(Hons) mBANT CNHC
During the noughties I called Southern Florida home. During this time I was the proud owner of a small but professional skincare, tanning and beachwear salon – we were all about the body beautiful. As the owner, I became aware and very quickly concerned about the large number of customers, mainly women, young and old, who regularly visited my salon looking for answers to their beauty, skin and self-esteem issues, their mantra appeared to be “if I look nice, therefore I’ll feel nice”. Unfortunately, much to their dismay (and mine), they found that no amount of prescription drugs, expensive creams, designer clothes, expensive holidays or tanned skin could cover up the fact they didn’t like what they saw in the mirror and were feeling horrible inside. I believed there must be a way to help individuals to give them back their love of life, returning them to health, giving them energy and most importantly, to be happy in their own skin.
On returning to the UK, I embarked upon training as a nutritional therapist, I believed that the path to health and happiness was through eating the right foods and living a healthy and fulfilling life. I wanted to develop my knowledge to help others. I did not suspect that the training was going to transform my own life and set me on a path to lifelong learning and self- healing. Initially I completed a two-year diploma in nutritional therapy and then continued my studies at the Centre for Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Management (CNELM), Wokingham graduating with a first class BSc Hons Nutritional Therapy. I also trained in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Functional Medicine Model. For my third year dissertation I researched the relationship between the health of the digestive system and major depression – I was amazed to find so much evidence that relates digestive health to mental well-being (the gut-brain axis).
I continue to pursue further education, and have completed a two-year diploma in clinical Psycho-Neuro-Immunology (cPNI). I am the owner of the website Nutritional Immunology, aimed at providing information about the management of chronic illness through the integration of nutrition, lifestyle and genetics, specifically focusing on the function of the immune system.
- Nutritional Therapy
- Clinical Psycho-neuro-immunolgy (cPNI)
- Diploma Nutritional Therapy – Premier International Ltd 2012
- First Class BSc(Hons) Nutritional Therapy, Centre for Nutrition & Lifestyle Management (CNELM) 2015
- Diploma Clinical PNI – Natura Foundation 2017
I am a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT), and the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC), which protects the public with a code of conduct, ethics and performance for registered natural healthcare practitioners
CPD Courses attended
- DNALife Diploma in Nutigenomic testing – Nordic Labs
- Clinical PNI, 2-year diploma – Natura Foundation
- “Brain Health” – CAM Conferences 2015
- “Dysglycaemia & Related Disorders “ – Lamberts Healthcare Ltd
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC): https://www.cnhc.org.uk/
- Nutritional Immunology : www.nutritionalimmunology.co.uk
- The British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) is the professional body for Registered Nutritional Therapists http://bant.org.uk/
email:firstname.lastname@example.org 07565 590491