I am a certified NLP coach, offering Hypnosis, NLP for day to day matters and Time based techniques. Additionally I provide integrative counselling for all difficulties that arise as we go about our daily lives.
I pull on a wide ranging set of modalities to better enable clients to maximise their potential to grow and overcome that which holds them back.
Counselling with me is an active thoughtful process in which I hold you metaphorically speaking along your journey, ensuring your safety and resilience to manage whatever comes up. Occasionally, depending upon what you bring, I will work quietly and passively until you reach a point where you are able to accept new ways of approaching your difficulty. However, it is reasonable to state that I work in a psychodynamic manner generally, as this approach in my experience has garnered the most effect change for past clients.
NLP is the study of what works. Some call it the study of excellence. Basically, NLP, at its very core is discovering the patterns, strategies, beliefs and values behind excellence. Cause and Effect is such an important principle in NLP. This is highlighted in language, action, beliefs and decisions. So to begin with, it is the type of language you need to become aware of in yourself.
“I didn’t get the job because the owner was in a bad mood”
“My wife left me because I wasn’t manly enough”
“My girlfriend’s Dad left the dog in the garden when I came over because he doesn’t like me”
This type of statement is easily accepted but it removes control and accountability from the person who uses it. Working with me using NLP, I will update your system by aiding you to discover your deletions!
Amanda Burbidge Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Association for Integrative psychology
- Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programing
- Accredited member of the foundation for Infant loss
- Accredited facilitator offering the ‘Tuning into Teens’ parenting program.
- Accredited Cruse bereavement care Adults and Children
- Accredited member of the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, providing Critical Incident stress management.
- Accredited member of StopSo, providing a safe therapeutic practice for working with sex offenders and those at risk of offending